Monday, December 2, 2013

Snow thoughts.

As I got out to take a walk tonight in the snow, I remembered how important it is for me to get out in winter, outside in the snow and cold, in order to survive it.

Dressing up warm and getting out in the weather makes me appreciate it, even enjoy it, and certainly makes winter tolerable.

Because the truth is, I would tend to just hibernate through this season, if I let myself. Humans aren't supposed to hibernate, so it is good for me to get some air now and then.

Try it. Get out into the blowing snow, trudge through the drifts...

I am thankful I have a neighbor willing to accompany me out there! (Motivation.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

I agree Jan - dress for it and enjoy it! I don't have the energy to do that every day, but when I do I'm reminded that it's well worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

Went out snowshoeing today. It was great!
~ann b.