My best gift this year was a safe trip to WI/IL this year. Good roads, light traffic and no van troubles.
Due to Ron's work schedule, we haven't been with his family very often at Christmas. This year we spent the weekend before and Christmas Eve with them, then traveled home on Christmas Day.
We celebrated Christmas with the J family on Christmas Eve day. Lots of food and fun.
Christmas has brought other gifts, too. On Sunday night we went Christmas caroling with other families from Zion, singing for the older grandma's and grandpa's in the area. Then we shared a chili supper at Pete and Rebecca's, with visiting and kids playing/getting to know one another. It is such a gift to spend time with others that share your faith.
Visiting and seeing friends that I don't see much unless we go to Zion was nice. I crashed a luncheon get together with my MIL, visiting with her friends, too.
When I asked Ted what the best part about Christmas is, he told me it is being with family. I agree, and add good friends to that too.
The trip went well, and it was good to get home, too. To see our animals, sleep in my own bed, appreciate the wilderness we live in. I missed it. I really noticed the traffic and congestion down there. It's probably a sign of aging...to have a nice home to come back to is a gift also.
1 comment:
Just now seeing this. It was so much fun visiting with your family that weekend!
Post a Comment