It was a busy weekend, so by Sunday I was harried, trying to get my food prepared for the potluck at church.
The cake stuck in the bundt pan, it didn't come out in one whole piece. The pipe under the sink sprang a leak. Kids didn't want to wear the clothes I set out for them. I kept looking for recipes that I actually had ingredients for. I was tired...
When I got to church, it was such a relief to put down my load, greet Christian friends, and sit down in familiar benches and hear words describing the "bigger picture".
It was a relief to be reminded how small the daily trials are, and, as in the hymn we sang on Friday night, to not fear death any more than we'd fear our bed.
I felt comforted, soothed. Ready for another week.
2 comments:
so, so true Jan and a good reminder. and that is why we keep going back...
I find it so amazing that whenever something is really weighing on my mind, it never fails that the sermon is on that topic and I get my answer. Sometimes it's hard to get everyone ready, remember the diaper bag, and slide into church before the first song starts but it's so worth it once you get there.
Post a Comment