T'is that time again- I have a fifth grader who may start band. First he needs to decide if he wants to be in band, and then, what instrument to play.
He is undecided at this point. He kind of wanted to play percussion, but they have to play an instrument first, from what I understand. I want him to be in band, I think it is an opportunity for him to learn to appreciate music and just in case he has an affinity for it. Sam did take piano for a year.
With Sadie, it was easy. We had access to a trumpet, so she plays trumpet. Easy decision.
With Sam, not so easy.
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this, or want to share experiences?

2 comments:
Do they get an opportunity to try out the different instruments at school? My kids were able to and one of them decided on clarinet because it was the most natural feeling for him. Sometimes they have a natural ability for a certain instrument on their first try.
We go tomorrow to try some brass instruments...never thought my 5th grader would be interested in band but he is. Kinda hope he winds up playing trumpet.
Hope Sam winds up with something he likes and sticks with it!
Post a Comment