As you may know, the folks I used to refer to as "the neighbors", otherwise known as my parents, moved to town in June.
We have new neighbors. My youngest brother, his wife and boys moved in next door. Next door is not real literal, by the way, it is about a third to half a mile away- we can't see their house from ours and vice versa. They are still next door neighbors, though, in the scale of our area.
We thoroughly enjoyed living near my parents, and my kids got to have very close relationships with their grandparents. This has been an opportunity I am so happy my kids got to have.
In town, other grandkids get to be close by to my parents and have that close distance relationship, and I am glad to pass that opportunity on.
Meanwhile, we are enjoying our new neighbors.
Today, they watched our kids while we went for a late lunch with some dear friends (my godparents). When we came home, we traded and brought their kids to our house so they could go out for supper.
It's that awesome. I hope they feel the same way.
Plus, yesterday, they got goats. I am so excited to be a close bystander of that project, and I hope to sneak some photos soon of the gorgeous nannies and their kids.
4 comments:
My girlfriends in the copper country are sisters, & they live on the same road. I envy them and you! ;)
Amy and I always thought it would be fun to be like Frasier & Niles and meet at a coffee shop every day to chat. Unfortunately, we seem to have settled on different coasts. I would love it if she was my neighbor.
And I remember how fun it was to live within biking/walking distance of our grandparents. So glad your kids got to experience that.
I share your joy. This is a growing trend. I just moved to a house 2 doors down from MY only sister. It's awesome!
That will be so much fun for all of you!
Post a Comment