- Got a garden planted. I swore I wasn't going to bother when last year's garden ended up as a pile of weeds. But- Ron bought a tractor so he was enthused to help, I realized the kids will need jobs this summer and what's better than pulling weeds, and it just seemed like the thing to do. Plus I am not working as much this summer compared to last summer so hopefully I will have more time.
- As we were planting the garden, Ted and I were reflecting. He figured Sam likes inanimate stuff- such as working on the garden tiller and other items that have motors, etc. and he (Ted) likes living things- animals and plants. I thought that was pretty insightful of him.
- Who knew dog training could be a team sport? Sadie is part of a 4-dog team. They will train together, and then will go through an obedience course sort of like a drill team at the dog show. It's fun to watch.
- On Saturday I'm going to Valleyfair (amusement park) as a chaperone with the band and choir students. I was honored that Sadie signed me up to go- apparently I am not too dorky of a mom.
- The neighborhood dynamics will be changing. My parents are moving to an apartment in town this weekend, and my brother and family will be moving in next door. We will miss the neighbors, but will have fun with the new ones.
- June is filling up. Dental appointments, 4-H camp, a trip to Big Sky (me, for a conference) meetings, plus we'd better start working on fair projects.
That's it. Scattered. It's hard to keep all the stuff straight in my head. Have a good day.
2 comments:
I wish my mom and dad could have a smaller house, on one level. but, it would probably confuse my dad too much anyways. Sounds like your ma and pa are forward thinking. Love you.
~ann b.
How was Valleyfair? It really is a good feeling to know that your kids don't think you are dorky. Because, most likely, we will be dorky some day. So, if we made it another day... WAHOOO!
Post a Comment