As many of you know, there are wild fires burning in our area.
It hit home when school was cancelled, people we know were evacuated, and when I spent the night hoping homes are not going up in smoke.
The fire started about a mile from my niece's house, but headed in the opposite direction. I saw the smoke last night when we ran to town to drop Sadie off so she spend the night with her cousin and get to school early for their class trip. The trip was cancelled.
Even still, even after seeing a few photos online, it seems surreal. Another one of those events that's hard to wrap the mind around. I got my kitchen clean this morning while I listened to the local radio station, and their reports on the fire.
I have spent some time with our local fire department; taking pictures at a training burn, interviewing the chief, taking their group photos.
I thought of them last night, and first thing this morning. I am proud of all the volunteer firemen, the job they do. I am pretty sure there was a lot of adrenaline being expended yesterday in the three county region here.
Today, I expect we will start to hear the details. During the press conference this morning, they said to expect fire fighters to be in the area for a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment