Friday, January 4, 2013

Musings.

This cardinal hangs out at the neighbor's feeder. Isn't he beautiful?

Looking over posts from early 2012, I realize that I made progress. The holidays this year were certainly less stressful, and more enjoyable this year- due to my state of mind. I was realistic and I tried to focus on the little stuff, like having fun with my kids, rather than stress out about what I wasn't accomplishing.

Progress. I have put in a year and a half at the newspaper now. I purchased a computer and software and began doing some graphic design work and marketing work. I am part of a Leadership Academy, and I will be visiting Washington DC with that group in March this year.

I am trying to weave positive psychology and emotional intelligence into my being and how I do things. My self talk has improved throughout the past year.

This morning I went skiing out in the hills here, and watched the sun rise, listened to some birds, saw lots of wildlife tracks. It was so serene out there. I came home tired, sweaty, thirsty.

Here's to 2013!

5 comments:

Krista said...

You are an inspiration!

Yvonne said...

Happy New Year Jan!

Gram said...

NICE!

MindiJo said...

If you have spare time, we should meet up when you are here!

Julie said...

Beautiful!