Does this photo bring back memories of your own childhood birthday parties and other fun times with cousins and friends? It just has that feel.
I let Ted invite five friends over for his birthday. Three of them are first cousins, one is a first cousin-once removed, and a friend. How lucky to have cousins! I really wish he could invite more, or that I could handle more, but I try to be realistic.
Notice the theme of camouflage? We went for a hike in the forest, and played one of my boys' favorite games: I hike, they run ahead, jump into the bushes and hide. I continue hiking along, trying to spot them. I win if I find them before I get past them, they win if I don't see them before I am past them. Then they run ahead, hide, and repeat. It's a good time, and we all got fresh air and exercise.
Ted helped bake his cake this year. We were a little short on candles.

7 comments:
Cute picture Jan - it's easy to imagine what each individual personality is.
sounds like a great time!
~ann b.
what a fun version of hide and seek! you good sport you!
Sounds like a great time!
Ha, I just realized I said the same thing as Ann... great minds and all...
Fun! :) that sure sounds like a good time!
What a great game! Speaking of being short on candles, I had a big huge birthday party for Logan before we moved to NM. I invited both sides of the family, in order to see everyone on last time. I did not have any candles. We lit actual candles instead. (two or so) Whoops.
Post a Comment