The flutes. When I try to take photos at events like this, I wish I had a nice low light lens.
Last night, I took in Sadie's concert. Band and Music, but not Choir.
In other words, all the school bands played, plus 5th and 6th Grade music classes sang. Choir has it's own concert.
I was impressed. Especially for as small of a school that M is. Sadie plays trumpet. In 5th Grade, they only meet once a week as a band, and one a week for their instrument lesson, plus they have general music class.
So, for picking up an instrument in September, and playing once a week, they sounded good. She has learned a lot, even without much practice.
The fifth graders played recorders for two numbers. They sounded better than I imagined recorders would. I thought the jr. high and sr. high bands did very well, too. The director does a nice job with the students!
Sadie seems to be putting together what she learned in piano lessons with what she is learning on trumpet, and making some connections. The trumpet has renewed her interest in piano.
It is hitting me now, as I attend the "end of the year" events, that the school year is almost finished! Wow, it went fast!
2 comments:
Sounds like we share a love of programs. Is there a right and wrong on lighting in photos. I really like the glow from above in this one.
Mostly there isn't enough light in the dim gym. I accentuated the glow in picasa to mask the blurriness : )
I do enjoy the programs, more so when I can take photos too, for my job.
Post a Comment