Ted wanted someone to go outside with him. He'd even settle for me going out with him. I suggested we take a walk, and then I decided we should take cameras, as he loves, loves to take pictures.
So we set off across the field. I was hoping to see some turkeys, as it's my goal to get some decent photos of them this winter.
We didn't see any, but we hiked up my favorite hill to take in the view.
Plus, walking across a stubbly field is extra exercise.
We followed some deer super highways. And saw lots of turkey tracks.
And sparkley weeds. It was a gorgeous morning to be outdoors. Ted was a good partner.
One more little story- last night Ted was eating a bedtime bowl of cold cereal, looking at the newpaper lying on the table. When I came through the room, he told me, "Mom, I like your pictures." He was studying a photo story from a fishing derby and polar plunge I had covered last weekend.
I like to get comments, compliments and feedback on my work, but it was extra special to have Ted, age 8, recognize my work, without prompting. It was one of those "Mom moments" I savor.

3 comments:
sounds like a fun date with ted.
i especially like the first and last photos...we have no winter her just now.
it is sweet to get compliments from the kiddies
~ann b.
Oooh! That warmed *my* heart. Special memories, moments, and words.
Post a Comment