Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Measuring.

A few weeks back we learned about measuring. (I think that was the week Sam and Grace were measuring ciggy butts.) To cap off the week for Sam, him and Ron made a small bench. They used one we already have as a model. Sam measured all the pieces of the original bench. He then measured all the boards for the new bench. Ron cut the boards and they both worked to put it together.

Sam and Ron are both pretty proud of their project, and it is already in full use in our new bathroom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! i had darrel do one of those for our sauna, i don't know why we didn't have corey involved, too....he likes to hammer and help dad. sometimes, i just hit my head and say "duh!"
~ann b.

MindiJo said...

I wish I had homeschoolers around here to make me a stool. Sorta.

MindiJo said...

I'm not as brave as you.

Anonymous said...

What a fun, usefull way to teach measuring. Great father son project. Something nonhome schooled kids miss out on. Much better than measuring lines on a paper.
Corinne