I had been gathering "this's and thats" for awhile in anticipation of playing store. Things like little notebooks and vintage postcards. I also cleaned the dregs out from the bottom of my gift box. Julie brought some granola bars and other treats. I put Maria, a 4th grader, and Craig, a sixth grader in charge of setting up and working the store. I gave them change and fake dollars to use, and turned them loose.
They had a blast. I am not sure it they were making correct change or not, but I just wanted them to have if be their "own" thing, not led by Julie and me, the adults. Here is a couple of photos:
I realize I have not been posting about much other than home school lately, but this is the main event over at my house right now. Eventually I will get back to other stuff, maybe even a sketch or something : ) I have been slacking in that dept!
1 comment:
this must be a universal thing with kids.
my older kids spent many days playing store with all of their little trinkets they would price and sell to each other. hours of entertainment.
Post a Comment