Over the last few months, I have been involved in planning a 4-H leadership retreat for older 4-Hers in our county. We had to come up with goals, activities, budgets- an overall plan. Today was the day.
We met at a local "character challenge" ropes course, which we did for our morning session. We did the high ropes course, including a zip line, and an extra challenge- the "leap of faith." The above photo is of a debrief after we leapt- the pole with the ladder leaning on it is the one we climbed and stood on top of. Once we got to the top, we had to say a personal goal, and a 4-H leadership goal, and then countdown- "3,2,1, commit!" and then jump for the trapeze bar hanging out in the open air
Here is another 4-Her jumping for the trapeze bar- they made it!
Sadie was quite comfortable with the heights. She said it wasn't that scary, because she knew she was tied in to the system. I was a bit freaked out to stand on the top and then jump into thin air, even knowing I wasn't going to crash to the ground.
Sadie contemplating the top, and saying her goals.
She reached the bar! Yay!
Below is the tall view of climbing up into the high ropes course.
I did take my camera up there with me.
Here is a shot I took while crossing the ladder.
The best part was riding the zip line at the end.
Yes! I would do it again, and I recommend it to anyone!







No comments:
Post a Comment