Friday, April 4, 2014

Learning in the Rough.

Yesterday, as pulled up in front of the house, one boy was picking up his paper airplane from the yard as the other one was leaning out his upstairs bedroom window, tossing a paper airplane out. They were seeing how far the planes would go...

Secretly, I am thrilled. They are learning by doing, and they had made the planes following directions from a book Ted had checked out of the library.

A couple of days ago, I found the boys with bedrolls and satchels and canteens, etc.  tied to their bodies. I am not sure where they were "going", but it looked like fun. Maybe practice for their June trip to the Boundary Waters? Later, they had all there baseball cards laid out on their bedroom floor. Apparently they invented a game with them, and they were playing. They even begged for extra time at bedtime to finish it.

I get exasperated with the messy house around me, but I love seeing evidence of their creativity and learning.







1 comment:

Emily said...

In my ideal image of childhood those scenes would be there... LOVE that kind of play especially with siblings. How blessed you all are!