Making a plaster cast of an animal's paw print (rubber mold).
We fell of the wagon with the WII? on Tuesdays. The day kept sneaking up on me every week. I guess I can't commit myself to that. (Or Ted.)
I am busy. I am wondering if I have my paws in too many pies, but I can't figure out which one I would drop. Mostly, it is 4-H stuff, and I love 4-H. It stretches me as much as the kids. Above is a photo I took at Project Day. For several months, the new Ambassador group that I help lead planned a "project day" for younger 4-Hers in the County.
It was a great success. We had 65 youth participate, and offered tons of different sessions for kids to participate in, from cake decorating to Lego Robotics.
The funny thing is, I usually would be teaching art or photography type activities at such a day.
Instead, I found myself teaching about Wildlife- including the plaster casts up there in the photo, and worm composting. Science stuff. Very unusual for me, but fun. Like I said, I get stretched. (A side note- I designed the 4-H t-shirt in the photo- the concept was developed by a 4-H member.)
This Saturday, I will be attending a Volunteer Retreat I helped develop and plan for 4-H adult volunteers. I will facilitate a reflection activity at the end. Again, I love this stuff, and am energized by it, though it takes time.
Once again, I find myself trying to balance it all out. I used to think that someday I would use all these experiences in a job situation, but I don't worry about that anymore. I realized I just do it for fun and personal growth, not everything has to translate into money.
So, this is the long story of why I have not been posting much here. ZZZZZ. Probably boring and self absorbed, but what else is a blog?

4 comments:
No, not boring. Just the other day, I was thinking about you coming out to DC. And how I think that you are such an interesting person. Your interests help to make you so interesting. So, no. Not boring. Tell us more. We all live such different lives. It's nice to hear about another persons way of life from time to time.
~Mindi
Thanks, Mindi- I appreciate the feedback. And just think it was almost a year ago we were eating oysters on the half shell! Well, I was anyways ; )
And, get going on your blog already, I am wondering what you are up to out there in the east.
Jan
I may not have met you if it weren't for blogging; keep it up, i like reading about your projects Jan!
I agree with Mindi! :)
Post a Comment