Friday, June 7, 2013

Sam's at 4-H camp.

Sam is at 4-H camp right now. Yesterday I stopped by for a meeting with the 4-H coordinator, and I took a few photos around camp while I was there.

When I arrived, I could hear what sounded vaguely like a train. It was hammers tapping- campers were working on leather tooling and nature prints. Many hammers in unison.

Meanwhile, other kids were at the air rifle range, playing games and other activities- above, Sam is playing some sort of game- I think it had to do with predators and prey or something. He seemed to be having a good time.

I have good memories of 4-H camp myself. I was a camper, and when I got older, a counselor. 4-H camp is a right of passage for almost every 4-Her.

I remember mom picking up Tim and I from camp, and on the way home we sang many rounds of all the camp songs we had just learned until she couldn't stand it any more and made us stop. Then Tim and I fought the rest of the way home- we were so exhausted from the busy days. I remember thinking mom was such a party pooper for not wanting to hear the songs.
Ha ha, now I see it from a different perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Predator vs. Prey is a great game. Sonja's class played it on a nature field trip. I'm guessing in reality, your mom was a saint!
~ann b.