I started doing Morning Pages, as mentioned over there on the right. I did three mornings. I did one evening.
It wasn't striking a chord with me. Weigh in here, those of you who've done them or are doing them. Did I not continue long enough, do I access my creativity in other ways, or what? Someone asked how I felt afterwards and I replied "Indifferent."
Instead, I have been using the time to do funouts. (As in workout, but they are fun.) My funouts so far consist of going outside with my kids, one, two or more, and playing- so far we've played racquetball on the driveway with an old ball and then we moved to badminton. Believe me, I was running (walking by the end) after the ball plenty. And doing lots of range of motion- reaching, bending. I am so out of shape I think this is a good way to ease myself back into exercise. Plus, it is fun. And my kids love it!
So I am on my way to shop for a clearance priced badminton net before my meeting...a city council meeting.
1 comment:
Hmmm. That's a good question. I think the idea is that they help get the junk out of your brain so there is more room in it for other things. Maybe you have less junk in your brain that you need to get out? That being said, I don't feel any different after I write them - good or bad or indifferent. But I can tell it is useful for me. (Though I also have to write for about six pages if I want to get to any self-work-insights, things that are lurking in there and gunking up the works. Otherwise, it's just rambling stream-of-consciousness stuff. Useful to get out, but not useful in the mining-for-buried-treasure sort of thing.)
But if it didn't strike a chord with me, I wouldn't do them. Life is short, and there are a million things to do, y'know. :)
Post a Comment