Monday, March 7, 2011

This and that.

I ran out of stuff to post about last week. I haven't been taking my camera out, and it feels like a post without a photo isn't very interesting. So bear with me today...

Last week I was officially sick of winter. Then Ron convinced my to go skiing (I went when he agreed to go with me) and that really pepped me up. The fields around here have a nice crust on them, allowing us to ski all over, without trails, and we could glide down the hills so fast it was scary. (Yesterday we some peeps over and we went out again, but there was more powder on top so it wasn't as fast.) The moral of the story is- Get outside people!!! Appreciate what we have here, now.

Tomorrow is the Annual Township Day. If you live in a township in MN, get out and vote, and better yet attend your Annual Meeting. Meet your neighbors and those who are making decisions about your local issues.

How soon should I start seedlings for my garden?

I have been thinking lately that this summer should be a stay-at-home summer for us. Mostly because of the gas prices. We can't afford to go anywhere. So I am thinking possibly a bigger garden, more camping locally and simple entertainment. It would be our theme for the summer.
I am starting now, actually, and trying to stay home more. Combining errands and doing less running for unessential events. Staying at home is somewhat of a challenge for me- I like people and I like getting out. I am trying to appreciate staying home more, and really I do appreciate the $ it saves.

So, Happy Monday! Good morning! The sun is shining...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the sunshine on the bright white snow... And thinking about when I should plant seedlings too. And hoping to have a better garden this year, not neccasarily a bigger one, since last year I grew mostly weeds. And thinking about how to save money by using less gas. Apparently we are sorta on the same page. By the way, I went 3.6 miles today. -Ruthann

Yvonne said...

glad you're back in the saddle. and how nice of your DB to accompany you on skiis!
i did a 3 mile weighted walk tonight for a grand total of 68.50. looks like i caught up to you partner.