Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pwomises and snow day stuff.

Last week a couple of my dear nephews were over. Alvin really wanted to take out the bins of Duplos, but I was skeptical that they'd pick them back up. He whipped out his pinkie and said "Pinky Pwomise, I'll pick them up, Auntie Jan." How could I resist?
Here's Alvin, reenacting his pinky pwomise. While playing with Duplos.

And here is Lilah, trying to practice her pwomise. She hasn't made too many promises in her life.
And here's to keep us all real. Who lets their kid's fingernails get that long?? And she's not wearing her glasses. Shucks. But she's got a good pinky pwomise going!

Yesterday we had a snow day here. Hopefully it was the last blizzard of the winter. High winds, ice and snow. I had flashbacks of homeschool with the kids being home a day and a half during the week. Plus they already had Monday off. It was difficult to get anything done but the kids did enjoy unscheduled time to play. And paint. Yesterday I let them at paper and paint.

But I was glad when I could drive off through the drifts to the cafe. I was also glad we had new tires on the car so I could make it through the drifts. I felt so tough, vrooming the car through the snow!

3 comments:

MindiJo said...

Who lets their kids fingernails get that long? I did. Last week, as a matter of fact. Whoops.

Anonymous said...

3/25 3.1 miles -Jess

Anonymous said...

3/26 4 miles -Jess