Monday, March 21, 2011

New career {not on my bucket list.}


I recently picked up another part time job.

I am flipping burgers- the official title is short-order cook, I believe. At the local cafe.
Two evenings a week.

There are a few of reasons I took this on:
  • To see if this dog could still learn new tricks.
  • It is close - 5 miles away. Important considering the current price of gas.
  • See above- and then add the time I don't have to add driving further.
  • I can work when Ron is home. No hiring a babysitter.
  • To whittle down some bills. Though the pay isn't great. No surprise.
  • To cross it off my bucket list, except it wasn't on there. Now I can write it and cross it off.
And it is interesting. I am learning a few tidbits and my hands get real clean doing dishes.
(That illustration above is my own, created in Paint program.)

8 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

i like the "add it to the list" so you can cross it off. it's something i often suggest so there is another positive to entertain, "ooh, look, i accomplished something on this here list!"

and a good story or two might come out of that cafe.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! For real, actually. I think I'm maybe ready for a job... Add another 3.6 miles to my total, please... I'm going to just blast through these miles til I catch up with Jess! -Ruthann

Julie L. said...

I like putting it on your list just to cross it off as well.

Anonymous said...

3/22 3 miles I guess I can't quit now! -Jess

Yvonne said...

myself? i like a bucket list that develops as i go along. are you waitressing too? i'd like to give that another shot. once when i was a young teenager or so, i worked briefly at my uncles ice cream shop and had to wait on some customers that turned out to be a bunch of young guys itching to tease. hated it, cuz they got my face flaming red! but now?

Anonymous said...

Another 2.2 miles for me. Total of 93.8. -Ruthann

Anonymous said...

3/23 2 miles -Jess

Ev said...

"Now I can write it and cross it off." Nice! I do that sometimes with my To-Do lists. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something, even if none of the "planned" items get crossed out.