Yesterday Sadie and I went out for a bike ride. As I was biking behind her, I watched her riding ahead and practicing, one arm at a time, her elementary backstroke. Would it ever occur to you to practice your swim strokes while riding bike? Me either. But the world is so full of possibilities for a nine-year old.
We have been busy running to the beach (Nora and I take turns) for swimming lessons every day. Last week, two days were canceled due to inclement weather. They did have lessons the day the tornado hit the town south of there. Earlier.
The kids have been highly entertained lately by kittens. Ki-ki (or Tripod- she has one crippled leg) had six kittens, and they are old enough to play and explore. The kids have built little play gyms out of boxes and other junk for the kittens to play in. The love the "baby ki-ki's!"
1 comment:
I love that image of Sadie biking and swimming. It totally gets me thinking back to my childhood days. Has she got into fort building yet? At that age, Lindsey and I used to build forts everywhere.
Post a Comment