Monday, June 7, 2010

A slap on the rump...

(A slap on the hairy rump...)

...and the steers jerked and jumped forward into the cattle trailer this morning. It was such a satisfying feeling to be done with that project. Next time I see them they will be in wrapped packages.

It seems like we haven't had many chances to dust our hands and say "project finished" lately, so it really does feel good. I realized awhile back that I think and work in "projects," maybe from my 4-H days or because life and work on a farm always goes in seasons. College life was full of projects for me, too. So my life goes... in projects. My kids are a long project. The garden is a summer project, mostly. You get the picture.

So what projects have you felt satisfied about finishing lately?

2 comments:

MindiJo said...

This made my LOL for real. Sometimes people just say that. But I really did.
"Next time I see them they will be wrapped in packages." I love your bluntness. That is funny. Hope they are tasty.

MindiJo said...

"me". Not "my". Apparently I don't proofread.